Friday 6 April 2012

The Private Medical Examination



Before you become a Taxi Driver, you need to have a Private Medical Examination...

Off you go to your Doctor, with your cheque book in your pocket for your medical, very nervous, happy in the knowledge that if you fail this you can’t become a taxi driver.  So obviously your blood pressure reading is going to be a lot higher than it normally is.

Now your fate depends on the Doctor, some are very understanding, and if you go along with a sad story about how hard it is to get a job anywhere, and you have three kids to feed and this taxi job is the last resort they nod understandingly and sign your form and away you go.

However if you have a keen and conscientious doctor like mine you get a proper and thorough check up.

Eyesight and hearing are tested, pulse rate, blood pressure and heart beat in fact everything you can think of, however the doctor merely has to scan through your medical records on his laptop to come up with the answers he needs.

My doctor looked at his chart and told me that I was overweight for my height and advised me to get more exercise and cut out the ‘chip butties’.  What’s new.  Luckily I am in reasonably good health so I didn’t have any problems and passed the tests.

No comments:

Post a Comment